Whether you’re worried about heart health, embracing the Paleo lifestyle, or just looking to improve overall health, grass-fed beef is an ideal addition to your diet. Why grass-fed?
The dietary and environmental differences in how cattle are raised impacts the nutrients you get from eating them. A conventional, factory raised cow subsists off of grains and corn, antibiotics, and living conditions that are both unhealthy and inhumane (hence the need for antibiotics). A grass-fed cow eats grass and naturally foraged foods, and gets to live a natural life, i.e. pasture raised.
Besides the obvious benevolence in pastured raised versus factory farmed, food sources from a grass-fed cow is going to provide infinitely more nutrients due to both sun exposure and the animals consuming their natural, healthy diets.
What’s more, grass-fed beef may have heart-health benefits that factory farmed/grain-fed beef sources lack. Benefits include:
- Lower in total fat, including saturated fats which have been linked with heart disease
- Higher in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids
- Higher amounts of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a type of fat that has been linked with reduced heart disease and cancer risk, as well as increased lean muscle and fat loss
- Higher antioxidant vitamin content, including vitamin E
- Higher in minerals including minerals calcium, magnesium, and potassium
- Higher in the B-vitamins thiamin and riboflavin
- Higher in beta-carotene
Note: Grass-fed beef cooks a bit faster than grain-fed beef. Keep an eye on the temperature with a cooking thermometer. Remember that the meat will continue to cook after you remove it from the heat, so remove it from heat once it reaches a temp that is 10 degrees lower than your desired temperature.
Looking for grass-fed beef in Orlando? Create a login and start shopping
Grass-fed Beef Orlando
Pasture Raised Orlando